Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Age of Technology

I asked my oldest, Dugger, to vacuum the basement carpet. He went down to the basement to retrieve the vacuum from the laundry room. Doug was loading the washing machine as Dugger entered the laundry room. Dugger grabs the handle of the vacuum and begins to look it over. He turns to Doug and says, "Is this wireless?".

Doug not expecting any conversation from Dugger wasn't really listening but noticed him closely examining the vacuum says, "What?"

Dugger says,"Uh, never mind." and begins to unwind the cord. At this point it registers in Doug's brain what Dugger first said, Is it wireless? Doug couldn't contain his smirk and laughter and had to come up and relay the tale to me. I wish I could have seen it for myself.

I don't know how many of you follow the Zits comic strip but Doug swears that one of the authors Jerry Scott or Jim Borgman must have our house under surveillance. At the very least they must know Dugger. I think that this event is one for the comic strip.

In this age of technology where phones can fit in a shoe, thousands of songs, hundreds of pictures, numerous videos can fit in a pocket, and a computer fit in a backpack all with wireless access, why not a wireless vacuum cleaner. Personally this would be quite nice. That cord is pretty limiting some days.

No comments: