Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last of Christmas Shopping

We had a wonderfully easy trip down to my parent's house for Christmas. No sleet, ice, snow, rain, or sitting for 12 hours on the highway in a storm. We even arrived to warm weather. The youngest son added some more driving time to his permit log.

First on the agenda was to get one gift that I could not find at home. My 12 year old niece wanted gift cards to Ambercrombie & Fitch for the day after Christmas shopping. I hope her mom is taking her shopping and not me! So Doug and I headed to the mall to get her a gift card. We went our separate ways in the mall and I headed to Ambercrombie. Now keep in mind that I have never been inside one of these stores. It appeared to be a large shop with an Ambercrombie entrance and a Ambercrombie & Fitch entrance. I entered into the Ambercrombie & Fitch section that was very obviously the men's portion of the shop. I was a bit nervous that this was not the right store for my niece but I did spy some female clothing towards the back of the shop.

It was dark (mood lighting) and the music was incredibly loud. I stood in line behind a young Ambercrombie looking man who was spending $400.00+ in clothing. Some people budged in front of me by getting in line on the other side of this man. I decided not to say anything ad would wait to see what would happen. This man spending the $400.00+ said to them the line is behind her. I gave him my thanks.

So anyway it was my turn and I asked to get a gift card. The sales guy gets me a gift card and says that they are all out of gift card inserts. He offers me a box. I asked it it was a small box and he says no showing me several clothing like boxes. I decline the box and pay for the card. The sales guy gives me the card wrapped in the receipt and I stuff it in my purse, hurrying out to meet up with Doug.

Tonight I am now wrapping some presents I had shipped to my mom's house and get the card out of my purse so I can wrap it. This is what I find.


Needless to say I was a bit surprised. I never even looked at the gift card. I thought that this might send the wrong message to my 12 year old niece. So luckily my paper doll skills came in handy and I made Mr. Ambercormbie or is it Mr. Fitch (sounds a little bit like a James Bond movie) a sweater. Now he's ready for Christmas.

No comments: