Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Blogs Lately

I mentioned those unplanned projects that creep into my nicely organized list. Well mine this summer has been making costumes for my daughter's ballet group. They will be performing the ballet La Bayadere in about two weeks. Since early July I have been altering patterns, cutting material, and making costumes. I am working on bodices, long tutus, and belly dancer tops.

My kitchen table is a mess since that is where I do my work. I took two weeks off to get ready for school and to help the dance group with a garage sale. So now I am having to step up the pace to get some closure on these costumes.

In the spring I made several long tutu for their student concert. The ones I'm working on now are the same just all white. Here is my cat. I think he wishes he could join the dancers.
Each day I had to store the material in the closet or on my son's bed and close the door tight when we left for school and work. Otherwise the cat would chew, roll around, and/or drag the material around. I couldn't keep the material and partially finished skirts in my room because my bedroom door doesn't completely latch shut and the cat knows this. After the cat locked the dog in our bedroom one day, Doug and I just leave the door wide open. We have less damage that way.

No comments: